Pediatric dentistry is focused on the dental care needs of children of all ages, right from infancy to teenage. At Edison Park Smiles, we understand the special dental care needs of children and that is why our experts take all the extra care needed to help our young patients feel comfortable while we help them maintain great dental health.
It is essential that you let your child see a pediatric dentist at a very early time and this should ideally be done within the first six months after the growth of the first tooth or after the child’s first birthday. Early visit and examination allows early detection of oral problems such as tooth decay. Also, another reason why it is important for possible oral problems to be discovered, is for treatment to be administered as soon as possible.
Listed below are some of the most common pediatric dental services:
- First Dental Visit: It is important that your child sees a dentist by the time they turn one year of age one to pave the way for good dental hygiene and to also detect any possible problems with their oral health and administer timely treatment and preventative measures.
- Fluoride Treatments: Fluoride treatment prevents cavities and can even repair early signs of tooth decay. We offer topical fluoride application treatments for kids.
- Dental Sealant Application: Dental sealants are used to protect the surfaces of the back teeth against decay and cavities.
- Orthodontics: Orthodontics is used to correct the alignment, position and bite of your child’s teeth. We offer orthodontics treatments such as Invisalign, ClearCorrect, retainers, etc.
- Regular dental checkups for kids: regular checkups help in keeping track of your child’s dental health and aid in the early detection and prevention of cavities, tooth decay, gum disease, etc.
- Emergency Services: for urgent dental needs of your child, you can always get them checked by our experts. We can provide immediate action to help you save a tooth, avoid infection and minimize extensive dental procedures.
For more information about our pediatric dental care services, please schedule a consultation at our practice by calling us at (773) 482-3206.